- Buttercrane Centre provides over 1000 car parking spaces including 620 multi-storey spaces accessible by lifts and 200+ outside surface level spaces
- LIDL have dedicated parking with 100 surface level spaces. Free parking for 1.5 hr with 10 spend. 2x electric car charging points
- Over 350 outside surface level spaces
- Disabled parking on each level
- Dedicated Parent and Toddler spaces
- Open 8am – 6:30pm Monday,Tuesday and Saturday, 8am - 10pm Wednesday-Friday, 12pm - 7pm Sunday
- Conveniently accessed via Bridge Street and Francis Street entrances
- Parent & Toddler Parking Spaces
- Parenting Room/Baby Changing Facilities available within the centre
- Sensory and Family room facilities, see gallery below
- Pushchair friendly with shops all on one level
- GoTo Shopping Trollies available throughout the centre
- Regular Mall events for all the family
- Seasonal Entertainment
- Autism Friendly Shopping on Wednesday evenings (4pm-9pm) and Saturday mornings (9am-12), with reduced lighting levels, no mall music and limited PA announcements.
Buttercrane is focused on improving the experience for disabled shoppers, and as such provide a range of disabled friendly services and facilities. For further information click on the links below:
Autism friendly pre visit guide
A simple step-by-step visual guide explaining what you may see, hear and experience on a typical visit to Buttercrane Centre.Click here to download
Autism friendly sights and sounds video
A short video detailing common sights and sounds at Buttercrane Centre.Click here to view
Autism friendly centre map
A map highlighting the location of key services and facilities. The map also outlines areas where a visitor is likely to experience increased noise levels.Click here to download
Disabled friendly toilets
A short video outlining the features of our disabled toilets and sensory room. Features include an electronic adult changing bench, sensory bubble tube, sensory wall mounted xylophone, projector displaying calming images, quiet hand driers, black out blind and soft lighting.Click here to view video
Sensory support packs
Sensory support packs (ear defenders, massage balls and fidget toys) are available on loan from the Customer Help Desk (subject to availability and a small refundable deposit).Click here to view pack contents
Shop Mobility service
Our Shop Mobility service allows registered customers to hire mobility scooters. For further information call 028 302 56062, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at http://www.shopmobilitynewry.com
Other disabled friendly services and facilities
- Disabled Parking on each floor
- Wide malls with ample seating and rest areas
- All staff have received dementia and autism awareness training
- Identity armbands available free of charge at our Customer Help Desk
Stay connected when you shop at Buttercrane with free WiFi.
Connect to Simply WiFi. Launch your browser and you will be presented a login screen (if not already registered you will need to create an account). For security purposes access is limited to 20 mins per session.
There are also a number of other free WiFi providers within the centre.
Buttercrane offers a number of excellent options whether grabbing lunch on the go, having a quick snack or relaxing with friends.
Costa Coffee, T2 Restaurant, Burger King, Subway, Pancake Junction Vivo and LIDL NI ‘Food to Go’ for sandwiches, fruit and take away snacks.
The Currency Lab is conveniently located in the centre are renowned for consistently providing highly competitive Exchange Rates and are also agents for National Lottery.
4 ATM’s Located throughout the centre as well as a local Halifax branch on mall.